Pikos Institute Video Series
Cost: $250.00 US each or $1100.00 US for the five DVD series
Video 1: Pedicle Tunnel Connective Tissue Graft™ (PTCTG™): Flapless Extraction Maxillary Central Incisor With Socket Graft (29min 20sec)
This video will feature the use of a unique pedicle tunnel connective tissue graft technique in conjunction with flapless extraction of a compromised maxillary central incisor, and simultaneous socket grafting with a mineralized allograft. Detailed step-by-step procurement and placement of a pedicle connective tissue graft is discussed in detail. Recipient and donor site closure will also be covered.
- Flapless extraction of maxillary central incisor
- Surgical technique for harvesting and placing a pedicle tunnel connective tissue graft™ (PTCTG™)
- Recipient site preparation and suturing
- Donor site closure
Products: Powertome, Periotome, MinerOss
Video 2: Resorbable Mesh/rhBMP-2 Bone Graft for Maxillary Anterior Horizontal Deficiency (24min 49sec)
This video will feature the use of rhBMP-2/ACS with resorbable mesh (SonicWeld) to correct a horizontaldeficiency of the existing atrophic maxillary central incisor sites. Incision design, flap reflection and release,site preparation, along with step-by-step description of the application of rhBMP-2 with SonicWeld meshwill be covered in detail. Soft tissue closure with specific suturing techniques will also be shown.
- Surgical technique for horizontal bone augmentation with SonicWeld mesh and rhBMP-2/particulate bone graft.
- Incision design, flap elevation and release
- Recipient site preparation Sonic Weld pin placement with mesh rhBMP-2 preparation
- Bone grafting Site closure
Products: rhBMP-2, MinerOss, SonicWeld, Mem-Lok Collagen Membrane, AutoTac Products: rhBMP-2, MinerOss, SonicWeld, Mem-Lok Collagen Membrane, AutoTac
Video 3: rhBMP-2 and Mineralized Allograft with Titanium Reinforced PTFE Membrane for Extraction of Compromised Mandibular Right First Molar (24min 54sec)
This patient presented with mandibular right first molar in a failing mode that included peri apical pathology and buccal plate loss. This video details surgical tooth extraction along with site preparation and the use of rhBMP-2 and mineralized allograft. It also features the use of a titanium reinforced PTFE membrane with appropriate screw fixation. Finally, it includes detailed soft tissue manipulation and suturing.
- Surgical extraction mandibular right first molar Incision design,
- Flap management Surgical extraction
- Site preparation PTFE membrane placement rhBMP-2 preparation with mineralized allograft
- Soft tissue closure
Products: rhBMP-2, MinerOss, Cytoplast titanium reinforced membrane, Pro-fix screws
Video 4: Anterior Maxillary Ridge Expansion and Implant Placement with Veneer Bone Graft (rhPDGF-BB + Mineralized Allograft) (32min 23sec)
This video will cover a unique step by step surgical protocol of anterior maxillary ridge expansion and simultaneous implant placement. It will include buccal veneer grafting with mineralized allograft and rhPDGF and use of a collagen membrane with fixation. It also features soft tissue flap manipulation and suturing.
- Incision design and flap management
- Site preparation including bone cuts Implant placement
- Buccal flap release Veneer bone grafting Collagen membrane placement Soft tissue closure
Products: Ellman Surgitron, PiezoSurgery, Spatula Osteotomes, BioHorizons Laser- Lok Tapered Internal Implants, MinerOss, Gem 21 (rhPDGF-BB), CollaTape, Mem-Lok Collagen Membrane, AutoTac
Video 5: Sinus Augmentation with rhBMP-2 and Simultaneous Nonsubmerged Implant Placement (30min 50sec)
This case features the use of rhBMP-2 and mineralized allograft for grafting the partially pneumatized left maxillary sinus along with simultaneous placement of a large diameterimplant in a non submerged mode into the maxillary left second bicuspid site. The step by step surgical protocol will focus on incision design, lateral window osteotomy,membrane elevation and repair, the use of rhBMP-2 for bone grafts, and simultaneous non-submerged implant placement.
- CBCT evaluation Incision design
- Step-by-step surgical protocol
- Sinus membrane repair
- rhBMP-2 bone graft Implant placement
Products: Carestream 3D imaging software, Piezosurgery, Mem-Lok Collagen Membrane, PRGF, AutoTac, rhBMP-2, MinerOss, Biohorizons Tapered Internal Laser-Lok Implant
To order by phone call 727-781-0491