Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the anatomy, biology and wound healing of alveolar ridge bone grafting procedures.
2. Understand the 10 key principles for predictable horizontal and vertical alveolar ridge augmentation.
3. Understand indications and step by step surgical protocols for advanced and complex alveolar ridge augmentation procedures ranging from single tooth to full arch reconstruction.
4. Understand the application of tissue engineering principles and materials for advanced and complex bone grafting procedures from extraction site management to full arch reconstruction.
5. Understand the step by step surgical protocols for the following: extraction site management, ridge expansion, Ti-Mesh and titanium reinforced PTFE mesh particulate grafting, horizontal and vertical alveolar ridge augmentation and autogenous bone grafting.
6. Recognize, manage and prevent complications associated with alveolar ridge bone grafting procedures.
• Pikos Institute Philosophy of oral implant rehabilitation for advanced and complex alveolar ridge augmentation.
• Sequential 3D digital diagnostic protocol to evaluate alveolar ridge deficiencies, donor sites and post graft sites.
• Key principles and algorithms for science based, predictable advanced and complex bone grafting procedures.
• Indications and step by step surgical protocol for horizontal and vertical ridge defects including the use of 3D resorbable and nonresorbable mesh particulate grafting with rhBMP-2 and rhPDGF.
• Application of Osseodensification technology for optimizing implant site development.
• Indications and step by step surgical protocol for extraction site management, ridge expansion, allogeneic and autogenous particulate bone grafting with resorbable and nonresorbable barriers and autogenous block grafting.
• Biomechanical principles consistent with reverse tissue engineering of bone grafts.
• Tissue engineering technology (L-PRF, rhPDGF and rhBMP2) in conjunction with bone grafting protocols.
• Synergy of hard and soft tissue augmentation protocols for alveolar ridge deficiencies.
• Risk management issues / informed consent for advanced and complex bone grafts.
• Recognition, management and prevention of complications associated with advanced and complex bone grafting procedures. Also Featured:
• Hands-on bone graft workshop.