Complex Bone Grafting
November 14-16, 2013 | Register Now
23 Credit Hours
Complex Bone Grafting (Level VI) is the practical application of the Pikos Institute Philosophy in hard tissue management for the most challenging of horizontal and vertical bone grafting cases. It is designed for clinicians who wish to develop proficiency in performing complex hard and soft tissue grafting procedures for implant reconstruction.
This advanced level course is for clinicians who desire to improve their knowledge and skill sets in addressing complex 3D bone defects. The focus is on reverse tissue engineering through Digitally Guided Bone AugmentationTM (DGBA) protocols.
A sequential 3D digital diagnostic protocol will be utilized for graft technique selection, autogenous recipient and donor site assessment, and DGBA implementation. Surgical bone grafting protocols, including 3D resorbable and nonresorbable mesh particulate grafting, autogenous sinus bone grafting, tibial bone harvest and use of bioactive modifiers (rhBMP-2, rhPDGF) will be presented. This course will also include a hands-on hard tissue grafting workshop and LIVE surgical demonstration cases.
- Advanced Bone Grafting course
- Previous bone grafting experience
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the practical application of the Pikos Institute Philosophy for complex hard tissue augmentation, incision design and suturing techniques for predictable implant reconstruction.
- Understand the indications, guidelines, and surgical protocols for complex bone grafting procedures.
- Perform implant related complex hard tissue augmentation procedures.
- Describe the anatomy, biology and wound healing of complex bone grafting procedures.
- Recognize, manage and prevent complications associated with complex bone grafting.
- Pikos Institute Philosophy of oral implant rehabilitation for complex bone reconstruction.
- Sequential 3D digital diagnostic protocol to evaluate hard tissue donor sites and post graft recipient sites.
- Indications and surgical protocols for Digitally Guided Bone AugmentationTM.
- Key principles for science based, predictable complex bone grafting.
- Hard and soft tissue architecture as it relates to complex bone grafting and case success.
- Clinically significant anatomic variables for autogenous bone grafting.
- Indications and protocols for complex horizontal and vertical bone graft cases including the use of 3D resorbable and nonresorbable mesh particulate grafting with rhBMP-2 and rhPDGF.
- CBCT evaluation to objectively assess mandibular harvest sites and post graft sites.
- Indications and surgical protocols for tibial bone harvest.
- Indications and surgical protocols for autogenous bilateral maxillary sinus bone grafting.
- Growth factor technology in conjunction with complex hard and soft tissue grafting protocols.
- Risk management issues / informed consent for complex bone grafting.
- Recognition, management and prevention complications associated with complex bone grafting.
- Hands-on bone graft workshop.
- Live surgical demonstration cases.
- Guest speaker: Dr. Dan Spagnoli